SAT Practice Test (2017 Version)
Exam Description: Additional Information Register for this exam
Upcoming SAT Exams:
Saturday, August 26, 2017
Registration has passed for this exam date
Saturday, October 07, 2017
Registration Deadline: 9/8/2017
Late Registration Deadline: 9/22/2017
Saturday, November 04, 2017
Registration Deadline: 10/6/2017
Late Registration Deadline: 10/20/2017
Saturday, December 02, 2017
Registration Deadline: 11/3/2017
Late Registration Deadline: 11/17/2017
The SAT Exam (2017 Edition)The new SAT exam is a measure of the critical thinking skills you'll need for academic success in college. The SAT assesses how well you analyze and solve problems; skills you learned in school that you'll need in college. The SAT is typically taken by high school juniors and seniors.
SAT Question TypesThe SAT includes a Reading, Math, and Writing/Language section, with a specific number of questions related to content.
Evidence Based ReadingThe Reading section focuses on the knowledge and skills at the center of your education. You've spent 4 years learning this stuff in high school and you will need to utilize your knowledge to succeed in college. It’s about how you take in, think about, and use information. This section will measure your ability to:
- Find evidence in a passage that best supports an answer
- Recognize and identify how authors use evidence to support their claims
- Use context clues in a passage to figure out which meaning of a word or phrase is being used.
- Decide how an author’s word choice shapes meaning, style, and tone.
- Examine hypotheses.
- Interpret data.
- Consider implications.
Writing and LanguageIn this section you will examine a paragraph or section of writing and find ways to improve upon it. You will act as an editor to improve passages and find deliberate errors. This section will measure your ability to
- Improve the way passages develop information and ideas
- Choose the best words and phrases to use based on surrounding text
- Analyze and improve passages and topics
- Perfect words or structural changes to focus on specific points of a passage
MathematicsThe math section of the SAT covers a range of math problems, with a focus on problem solving, modeling, using mathematic tools strategically, and using algebra. The SAT math section was redesigned to focus on math you will use in college, your future career, and general, everyday life. This section will measure your ability to
- Carry out procedures flexibly, accurately, efficiently, and strategically.
- Solve problems quickly by identifying and using the most efficient solution approaches.
- Display your ability to grasp math concepts, operations and relations
- Analyze a situation, determine the essential elements required to solve the problem, represent the problem mathematically, and carry out a solution.
EssayThe SAT essay section is now optional; however, some schools may require it. Our site does not provide a practice section for the essay portion.
SAT* is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board, which does not endorse this website.